Welcome to Aastha's freelance profile!
Location and workplace preferences
- Delhi, India
- Can work onsite in your office in
- around Delhi and 50km
Freelancer code of conduct signed
Read the Malt code of conduct
Native or bilingual
Aastha in a few words
I have managed communications for the British Minister in Department for Education, a top Indian Politician, the Foreign Ministry of India, and now my animal welfare organisation.
I have a real talent in communicating complex matters for an average person to understand. Over the last three years, I have handled a national controversy by producing viral video messages, led on delivering 400,000 devices across the UK during COVID19, and gotten 60+ dogs adopted across India. I can mould my style of communication to fit different audiences, in this case, regional Indian voters, students and parents in the UK, and millennial animal lovers. As a result, I have produced Indian MP Shashi Tharoor’s most watched video on his Facebook (2 million views), led on UK Education Minister Vicky Ford’s live session with concerned parents during COVID19 which made headlines in national media, and successfully run my animal welfare organisation which has over 4 million views across our digital platforms and a consistent reach of 100k+ every month!
As a result, I have been promoted in both of my last jobs. At the UK Government, I got the highest number of nominations and won the in-year award for the best employee in my directorate. Due to visa issues, I returned to India and started my animal welfare organisation where I currently manage an international team of 30+ members and will soon be launching India’s largest pet adoption platform.
Please do also check out my portfolio which highlights my marketing campaigns and successes: behance.net/aasthatyagi
Adopted Dogs of India
Founder and Director
- Founded an animal welfare organisation that gets street dogs adopted. Hired, trained, and now manage an international team of 30+ members in 6 departments where I set and evaluate deliverables, processes & operations.
- Organically increased digital reach by +1,845% with over 1.4 million views in a month and got 60+ dogs adopted.
- Oversee the launch of India’s largest pet adoption platform by implementing Go-To-Market strategies, partnering with top NGOs to formulate a pan-India database, and leading on creative designs and copywriting for the website.
- Conduct in-depth market research to create content that results in high click-through rates, reach and engagement, all of which has generated over 4 million views across our digital platforms this year.
Department for Education
Private Secretary to the Minister for Children and Families
- Managed and provided advice to the Minister on key policy issues re. safeguarding vulnerable children.
- Led high-profile media engagements and live sessions for the Minister with prominent charities and celebrities that received widespread national media coverage, high social-media engagement and interviews.
- Monitored the delivery of 400,000 devices across the UK and timely secured £350 million in funding for catch-up support to disadvantaged students during COVID19.
Office of Dr Shashi Tharoor
Digital & IT
- Successfully handled a nation-wide political controversy by releasing video messages that went viral.
- Produced his most watched video (2mil views FB) and doubled his Instagram following from 80k to 200k in a month.
- Analysed data and insights to improve the marketing strategy across his political offices.
- Strategize key campaign messages and analysed audience insights which helped him in getting re-elected.
- Wrote engaging cross-channel copy for his social media content, press releases, official letters, and advert materials.
Are you sure? Your recommendation will be permanently deleted