Welcome to Ahilen's freelance profile!
Location and workplace preferences
- Paris, France
- Can work onsite in your office in
- around Paris and 20km
- Around Montpellier and 20km
- Around Bordeaux and 20km
Freelancer code of conduct signed
Read the Malt code of conduct
Native or bilingual
Beginner Intermediate Advanced1
Beginner Intermediate Advanced
Ahilen in a few words
BIOGEN MA INC - Biogen
Science Operations Program Lead / Digital Biomarker Portfolio Manager - As a freelancer
- Operating as a Digital biomarker portfolio manager across multiple disease areas including Multiple Scelerosis (MS), Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA), Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Parkinsons' Disease (PD), Ataxia, Alzheimer's Disease (AD) and Mental Health.
- Facilitating a steering committee with the Science leadership team to review digital biomarker proposals, and agree on prioritisation and feasibility.
- Developing an end-to-end cross-functional process to co-create digital biomarker business cases and plans that allow for exploratory research whilst setting boundaries for focus and prioritisation.
- Implementing the process & change management across the entire organisation including clinical and medical sciences, data scientists, biostatisticians, clinical operations, data management, technology, digital product teams, regulatory, quality, value and access.
- Setting a culture of continuous improvement and agile mindset to encourage teams to be value-centric, be ready to pivot and adapt to change.
- Ability to negotiate a complex organizational structure and drive consensus across stakeholders.
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership, listening, and communication skills:
My second role was the Program Manager for the MS & SMA/ALS disease area teams. My role here is focused on advancing the digital biomarker priorities which included:
- Setting up a cross-functional operating model for each disease area to have clearly defined roles, ways of working, objectives and scope in Notion.
- Defining project charters, timelines, identifying dependencies, managing resource allocations, and setting up project boards (Kanban & traditional).
- Facilitating core team meetings and retrospectives to foster a culture of process excellence and increased team spirit.
- Communicating project status clearly to various stakeholders at the management level and team level using my own bespoke 2-tier project reporting methodology.
- Utilising my interpersonal and leadership skills to create autonomous teams and empower them to make their own decisions, whilst solving external constraints to ensure they are unblocked and able to progress without delay.
- Utilised formulas and calculated fields to simplify the management of the digital biomarker portfolio in Notion.
- Over 60 digital biomarkers were drafted by the organisation within weeks of its launch.
- Developed automation in our project management tool to greatly simplify administration on the project team. This automation was widely adopted across the PMO.
- Defined over 12 processes that bridge various functions where no process had existed before. All processes were agreed to and remain in place whilst under reviewed constantly for potential continuous improvement.
Biogen Digital Health
Digital & IT
Head of Delivery, Chief of Staff, Program Manager - As a freelancer
I held several different roles throughout my journey at this startup ranging from Program manager to Chief of staff and Head of Delivery of Digital Measurement Solutions (DMS).
My role is to lead the DMS PMO to ensure we deliver on valued-based and strategic
programs whilst following best practices and maximising team performance.
• Oversee and coordinate strategic and operational programs across 4 therapeutic areas, with a global team of over 40 personnel spread across Europe and North America.
• Lead the strategic and operational committees to accelerate decision-making and ensure alignment across all functions
• Maintaining a value-based operational model for developing, launching and maintaining solutions.
• Champion best practices, tools (incl Asana, Slack, Miro, Excel, Outlook) and methodologies to maximise team productivity
• Facilitate cross-functional planning and retrospectives to enable continuous improvement.
• Establish a framework for reporting, roadmaps, OKRs and performance metrics.
• Delivered BDH’s first Software as a Medical Device (SaMD) and received Class 1 CE Mark in Europe
• Setup a framework to execute on a new strategic program in Parkinson’s Disease for the new BDH organisation, requiring coordination between Science, Data Science, Biostats, Product, Regulatory, Quality, Clinical operations, Design, Technology, R&D and vendors.
• Introduced Coffee Roulette - a program incentivising colleagues across teams and the globe to meet and get to know each other
• Implemented the OKR framework in my department. Now running successfully since inception and invited as a guest speaker to present OKRs to the wider organisation, which has now been formally adopted.
Digital & IT
Chef de Projet et Scrum Master - As a freelancer
Successfully delivered 4 projects involving 2 game changing products (B2B Workforce Verification and B2C National Police Check), each with budgets over $2m. Operating as a dual Project Manager & Scrum Master overseeing 16 teams, including 4 scrum teams, with over 100 staff nationwide. Technologies include Camunda, REACT JS, Angular, Salesforce CRM and SAP. B2C service was built from the ground up and generating $1m in revenue within 5 months of operation. B2B product successfully launched with 6 clients and many more in the pipeline. Met goals for revenue, quality, schedule & cost.
Role: Project Manager
• Overseeing entire project delivery spanning engineering and business workstreams including financials, sales, marketing, change, legal & support
• Obtaining over $4m in funding by developing 2 compelling business cases
• Directly reported progress to various GMs by facilitating Steering Committees
• Reducing delays and costs by identifying dependencies and risks early
• Increasing cross-team collaboration and morale by implementing Coffee Roulette & Awards – Two programs incentivising members to get to know each other and award each other’s efforts
• Saving over $240K in funds by identifying erroneous charging of suppliers via detailed financial reporting
Role: Scrum Master
• Successfully delivered a Salesforce onboarding solution by introducing & teaching Scrum to a new team of 7 with 3 developers, BA, QA & Product Owner
• Facilitating sprint planning, daily stand up and backlog grooming
• Enabling the team to deliver to their sprint goals and deliverables by actively tracking, escalating and removing team impediments
• Building better working relationships by leading team and cross-team Retrospectives. Coached team to identify and implement process improvements
• Increase predictability in progress by regularly reporting burndown charts
National Australia Bank
Banking & Insurance
Chef de Projet - As a freelancer
• Using cutting edge Machine Learning & Artificial Intelligence technology to significantly reduce manual processing by up to 90%. Enabled by successfully obtaining innovation funds for a joint venture with Accenture
• Communicating regular project updates to senior stakeholders covering financials, risks, issues, benefits and scheduling
• Improving first-time accurate invoicing to customers by removing manual touch points, process control failures and improving data hygiene
Banking & Insurance
Chef de Projet
Managing a team of 6 for a £1.8m regulatory program (Basel III) in a complex changing environment as the bank was transitioning to agile delivery and restructuring, resulting in the merger of the Finance and Risk teams.
• Project plans, RAID logs, financial and resourcing management for a multi-release project
• Creating a dashboard for weekly reporting with clear MI to director level and local project team
• Coached and coordinate team to optimise business processes using Lean Six Sigma structured DMAIC approach
• Assisting IT teams with defining functional specifications due to increase of scope and lack of resources
• Not compromising on quality by reviewing the testing approach to UAT, Impact Analysis and Regression testing
• Controlling the project as Finance and Risk teams merged and delivering on time despite scope increase
• Slashing the bank’s exposure by over £1.2bn and eliminated 20 manual processes saving 480+ hours a year
• Ensuring compliance with new Basel III regulation by maintaining a LR position over 3%
Ernst & Young - Ernst & Young Nederland
Banking & Insurance
Senior Business Analyst
Major transformation to be compliant with evolving regulatory frameworks including Basel III. Risks of non-compliance required the team to scope and define the project within strict timelines.
• Defining the current state by documenting ‘as-is’ business processes using BPMN
• Performing a fit/gap analysis of where the bank fails to meet upcoming regulation and translate this into clear, concise requirements that are based on the 'to be' environment
• Reviewing functional specifications and test scripts to ensure alignment to requirements
Digital & IT
• Facilitating large business process and requirement workshops to replace several legacy systems
• Defining 'as-is' and 'to-be' business processes following BPMN standards in Visio
• Capturing complex business requirements and performing MoSCoW (fit/gap) analysis
• Functional design SME for Oracle Siebel CRM, liaising between the business and global IT delivery teams, defining several functional design documents for key components of the overall architecture
• Managing the Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM) and ensuring full traceability to functional specifications and test plans
• Defining new report templates using Oracle BI Publisher
• Enabling the regulator to have a central view of an organisation by data matching entities across systems
• Delivered presentations nationwide via video conferencing to the wider client audience
• Received prize for performance and commitment to work from director of Accenture
Are you sure? Your recommendation will be permanently deleted